We may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser you use to access the internet, operating system and device you viewed the Website on;
- information about your visit such as length of visits to certain pages, services you viewed or searched for.
It is our policy to limit the information collected to only the minimum information required to complete a user’s request.
Use of information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to send promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting. We only do this if you opt in to receive such emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless we are required by law to do so or you give us permission to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at the user’s own risk.
We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and you are responsible for using your own virus software protection.
Control of personal information
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the following rights:
- To request access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you.
- To request that we cease processing your personal data.
- To request that we do not send you any marketing communications.
- To request us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect.
- To request that we erase your personal data.
- To request that we restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal).
- To receive from us the personal data you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, to another data controller.
- To object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights and freedoms.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Any requests or objections should be made in writing to GFirst LEP’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details below.
GFirst LEP is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection legislation.
A copy of this registration can be found here.
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for advising us on compliance with Data Protection legislation and monitoring its performance against it. If you have any concerns regarding the way in which we are processing your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
The Growth Hub
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed you may in the first instance contact GFirst LEP’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details in the section above.
If you still remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for a decision. The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113